Have we got news for you!
Highlight sponsors Olympic sailing hopeful Harry Blowers
Published: 28 July 2016
Highlight is delighted to announce its sponsorship of Harry Blowers, a potential podium Laser-class sailor for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Richard Thomas, CEO of Highlight says, “Harry has all the qualities of an Olympic sailor. He has the technical ability, the personal attributes and the mental strength necessary to become world class. Building on our company’s strong sailing heritage, we wanted to give Harry some extra support on his journey, as he learns from both his successes and failures to grow into a high performance athlete.”
As a keen sailor himself, Richard appreciates the many parallels between Highlight and sailing. “Highlight helps organisations to monitor and navigate vital networks and applications to ensure they work together harmoniously and in the most effective way,” he explains. “Similarly, Harry needs to constantly monitor and optimise the many variables needed to win a race - the set of his sails, the wind speed and direction, the tides and of course his competition – to ensure his setup and tactics are the best they can be.”
From his home in the Isle of Wight, Harry will be watching as his cohorts in the current UK sailing squad look to Rio in the hope of mirroring Ben Ainsley’s 2012 success. Since the 20-year-old first took to sailing at the tender age of 6 months with his father, a world class Etchell sailor, he now hopes to follow in the footsteps of his sailing heroes Ben Ainsley and Tom Slingsby. “I’m delighted that Highlight has taken such a keen interest in my career,” says Harry. “It’s really nice to have such a supportive group following my competitions and I look forward to giving them regular updates on my progress.”
Concluding, Richard adds, “The British team has a strong heritage in Laser sailing and has achieved considerable success, so Harry has some big shoes to fill. We wish him the very best of luck in his current series of global regattas, and in the years ahead, as he masters the tactics and mental disciplines needed to achieve his full potential.”
- How Service Providers Can Re-Imagine Sales Enablement in 2021
- Can Connectivity Grow Margin in 2021?
- The power of SD-WAN
- Signalhorn selects Highlight for global customer portal
- Now is an excellent time to be an MSP
- SD-WAN refusing to fit neatly into a Service Provider's traditional way of doing business
- Highlight snaps up Bimal Modha to drive ambitious sales target
- Taming SD-WAN
- For service providers SD-WAN is a mixed blessing
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack