Have we got news for you!
Highlight sponsors Olympic sailing hopeful Harry Blowers
Published: 28 July 2016
Highlight is delighted to announce its sponsorship of Harry Blowers, a potential podium Laser-class sailor for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Richard Thomas, CEO of Highlight says, “Harry has all the qualities of an Olympic sailor. He has the technical ability, the personal attributes and the mental strength necessary to become world class. Building on our company’s strong sailing heritage, we wanted to give Harry some extra support on his journey, as he learns from both his successes and failures to grow into a high performance athlete.”
As a keen sailor himself, Richard appreciates the many parallels between Highlight and sailing. “Highlight helps organisations to monitor and navigate vital networks and applications to ensure they work together harmoniously and in the most effective way,” he explains. “Similarly, Harry needs to constantly monitor and optimise the many variables needed to win a race - the set of his sails, the wind speed and direction, the tides and of course his competition – to ensure his setup and tactics are the best they can be.”
From his home in the Isle of Wight, Harry will be watching as his cohorts in the current UK sailing squad look to Rio in the hope of mirroring Ben Ainsley’s 2012 success. Since the 20-year-old first took to sailing at the tender age of 6 months with his father, a world class Etchell sailor, he now hopes to follow in the footsteps of his sailing heroes Ben Ainsley and Tom Slingsby. “I’m delighted that Highlight has taken such a keen interest in my career,” says Harry. “It’s really nice to have such a supportive group following my competitions and I look forward to giving them regular updates on my progress.”
Concluding, Richard adds, “The British team has a strong heritage in Laser sailing and has achieved considerable success, so Harry has some big shoes to fill. We wish him the very best of luck in his current series of global regattas, and in the years ahead, as he masters the tactics and mental disciplines needed to achieve his full potential.”
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS
- Don’t get left behind…
- What does 2019 hold for Managed Service Providers? Here’s what Highlight thinks…
- Are you still using ancient IT systems?