Have we got news for you!
Highlight launches Application Visibility (AppVis™) to secure and deliver insight into cloud apps across the enterprise
Published: 20 September 2016
Highlight launches Application Visibility (AppVis™) so enterprises can see and understand how their vital applications are performing, particularly the growing use of unauthorised cloud apps. Visibility is the first step in ensuring corporate data is well managed and helps to prevent accidental loss of information or security breaches.
AppVis™ is one element in Highlight’s new Application Awareness™ feature set that delivers insight into the performance of business critical applications, wherever they’re hosted. It helps to manage shadow IT and contain cloud sprawl, and ensures that every customer interaction is a good experience.
Presented in visually accessible charts, the cloud-based Highlight AppVis™ service automatically audits an IT estate to reveal every app, its location and usage patterns. With its friendly, concise and simplified reports, Highlight is not just for those who run the network, it is ideal for business level audiences.
Richard Thomas, CEO of Highlight says,
It is so easy for individuals to sign up to a cloud app with a credit card and expose a corporations’ information. Seven out of ten UK workers use cloud technologies that are not supervised by their company* and nearly one in four organisations have no idea which “unofficial” apps are running on their IT infrastructure**. Organisations need to know what is happening and we can give them that insight, so that they can start from an informed position when deciding on cloud usage. Our aim is to help organisations to embrace cloud services and frame policies so people can use apps in a compliant, governed way.
This is a major shift in thinking, he adds.
People no longer need to get hysterical about cloud security but rather use services like Highlight to help them manage this new world. In fact, more organisations are becoming aware that there are many valuable apps available in the cloud that can benefit their operations. With Highlight AppVis™ they can be fully aware of the apps being used and then develop security policies to ensure those apps are governed, compliant and budgeted correctly.
Service Providers and their Enterprise Customers can both view and understand the same information on Highlight AppVis™ to help deliver improved consistency, clarity, transparency, predictability and accountability.
Highlight AppVis™ is built on Cisco’s latest Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solution.
AppVis™ leverages multiple technologies to recognise, analyse, and control over 1000 applications, including voice and video, email, file sharing, gaming, peer-to-peer (P2P), and cloud-based applications.
Note to editors
* Seven in ten workers in the UK are using cloud technologies that are not managed or supervised by their company (Source: Cloudstanding.co.uk, May 2016).
**Nearly one in four organisations (72%) have no idea which “unofficial” apps are running on their IT infrastructure (Source: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Jan 2015).
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS
- Don’t get left behind…
- What does 2019 hold for Managed Service Providers? Here’s what Highlight thinks…
- Are you still using ancient IT systems?
- P2C Communications steps up customer service and finds perfect sales tool with Highlight
- Highlight awarded Best Cloud Platform-based Managed Service Solution 2018
- The importance of managing downstream suppliers
- Highlight are finalists in the MSH Awards 2018