Have we got news for you!
Gamma selects Highlight to enhance Customer Experience
Published: 12 July 2017
Gamma has chosen Highlight to help deliver the highest level of customer experience. Gamma is offering Highlight’s monitoring services to its large to medium sized enterprise customers so that they have clear, real-time visibility into the performance of their managed communications, including voice, data and mobility services.
David Macfarlane, a managing director at Gamma, says,
Highlight enables us to watch over our customers’ experiences as we strive to remove the burden of customers having to manage their own communications infrastructure. “In the past, we had one monitoring tool for our broadband environment and another for our Ethernet services, but were missing the ability to monitor our customers’ applications, adds David.
Highlight was the silver bullet. We now use Highlight internally to monitor the infrastructure and applications across our customers’ environments, but the big bonus is that we share the same tool with customers so they can see how everything is performing. No information is redacted and all data is real-time, so customers can hold our feet to the fire to ensure they get the services they expect.
Highlight’s cloud application is integrated within the Gamma network. It monitors every end point that Gamma supplies, both direct and indirect, capturing the data from equipment which is then processed by Gamma’s platform and fed automatically into its monitoring and ticketing system. If Highlight picks up an issue – anything from basic availability through to application miss-performance – tickets are raised on Gamma’s platform for an engineer to action.
Highlight has enabled Gamma to move up the value chain in terms of the management information it gives to customers. And customers really value it.
All our direct customers have access to Highlight and we’re now layering Highlight on to our products, so channel partners can also see the value; they will be able to monitor and share Highlight with their customers who use Gamma infrastructure, adds David.
Going forward we want to have more application visibility to deliver greater detail into the quality and responsiveness of the applications.
Gamma also uses Highlight for planning. As a large network operation, Highlight monitors some of Gamma’s core infrastructure; helping to identify any potential issues. “Mean-time-to-innocence is a favourite term we use and Highlight allows us to get to what ‘isn’t’ at fault very quickly, so we can then drill down to an engineering level to find the issue,” confirms David. “The benefits of Highlight are numerous. As a SaaS-based platform, we only consume what we need, when we need it. This means we haven’t had to make large capital investment in complex tools that quickly go out of date. Working with Highlight has been exceptional. It is a high value relationship where they are looking beyond the product at how they can help me solve the challenges in my business.”
Gamma is a rapidly growing, technology based, provider of communications services to the UK business market. Gamma’s services, such as Cloud PBX, Inbound Call Control Services and SIP Trunking, are designed to meet the increasingly complex voice, data and mobility requirements of businesses, through the exploitation of its know-how and own intellectual property.
Gamma also provides business-grade mobile and data services and, as a consequence of its history, has a substantial voice service capability. These services enable Gamma to provide a comprehensive range of communications services.
Gamma has enjoyed strong organic revenue and EBITDA growth driven by a high percentage of repeat revenues. The business had 753 employees at 31 December 2016. It operates across six main locations – headquartered in Newbury – with offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Portsmouth and Budapest.
Press Coverage of Gamma article:
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services