Have we got news for you!
A key take away from this years’ MSH Summit
Published: 28 September 2017
This year’s MSH Summit held in London, September 20th had one key theme resonating across the day; the journeys that companies selling networks, infrastructure, cloud, devices and systems are taking to become Managed Service Providers.
Over the past two decades, network prices have been commoditizing continuously and applications have been moving into the cloud. Data centres have been changing hands from telco’s and carriers into system integrators as all types of companies providing IT services are looking to protect their customer base and keep margins as high as possible.
A keynote from Gartner stated that companies on this journey need to start with the end in mind; one of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habit’s of Highly Successful People, by focussing more on business outcomes and less on features and functions. A recent global study also revealed the importance to focus on the top priorities of CEO’s: growth, customer, workforce, corporate and IT related, in that order. Perhaps no surprises on profit and cost focus but customer and workforce come ahead of IT related priorities pointing to the need for further solutions to solve problem processes and give people the right tools to use.
We heard further speakers discussing the exciting opportunities for the MSP community and the ways in which companies can measure how effectively you are able to keep morphing and improving as the market dynamics of your customer and your customer’s customer change. A continuous emphasis was placed on the importance of looking across people, processes and systems to ensure the end goal is always achieved.
At Highlight we were pleased to have two of our Partners, Maintel and Gamma, present their use cases of Highlight, our cloud based Performance Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting platform they use to drive their growth and customer successes. Arguably, they are well on the path of the trusted advisor status using Highlight as an enabler for their managed service delivery.
- The power of SD-WAN
- Signalhorn selects Highlight for global customer portal
- Now is an excellent time to be an MSP
- SD-WAN refusing to fit neatly into a Service Provider's traditional way of doing business
- Highlight snaps up Bimal Modha to drive ambitious sales target
- Taming SD-WAN
- For service providers SD-WAN is a mixed blessing
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management