Have we got news for you!
A key take away from this years’ MSH Summit
Published: 28 September 2017
This year’s MSH Summit held in London, September 20th had one key theme resonating across the day; the journeys that companies selling networks, infrastructure, cloud, devices and systems are taking to become Managed Service Providers.
Over the past two decades, network prices have been commoditizing continuously and applications have been moving into the cloud. Data centres have been changing hands from telco’s and carriers into system integrators as all types of companies providing IT services are looking to protect their customer base and keep margins as high as possible.
A keynote from Gartner stated that companies on this journey need to start with the end in mind; one of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habit’s of Highly Successful People, by focussing more on business outcomes and less on features and functions. A recent global study also revealed the importance to focus on the top priorities of CEO’s: growth, customer, workforce, corporate and IT related, in that order. Perhaps no surprises on profit and cost focus but customer and workforce come ahead of IT related priorities pointing to the need for further solutions to solve problem processes and give people the right tools to use.
We heard further speakers discussing the exciting opportunities for the MSP community and the ways in which companies can measure how effectively you are able to keep morphing and improving as the market dynamics of your customer and your customer’s customer change. A continuous emphasis was placed on the importance of looking across people, processes and systems to ensure the end goal is always achieved.
At Highlight we were pleased to have two of our Partners, Maintel and Gamma, present their use cases of Highlight, our cloud based Performance Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting platform they use to drive their growth and customer successes. Arguably, they are well on the path of the trusted advisor status using Highlight as an enabler for their managed service delivery.
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS
- Don’t get left behind…
- What does 2019 hold for Managed Service Providers? Here’s what Highlight thinks…
- Are you still using ancient IT systems?