Have we got news for you!
Highlight’s new service tiles enable Maintel to see potential major service outages ‘at a glance’
Published: 18 June 2018
Guildford, UK – 19 June 2018: Highlight has revamped and modernised its unique service tiles to enable Service Provider partners to have a more accurate view of what is happening on critical networks and applications. The greater intelligence delivered through Highlight helps to avert potential network and application issues.
James Clayton, a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Analyst and part of the team responsible for managing Maintel’s monitoring solutions at its NOC office in Burnley, has been working with Highlight on the latest updates.
According to James:
The new service tiles are a great improvement and enable us to focus on averting potential outages. When tiles turn amber as a warning or red for critical, the team in our NOC can look at the Highlight wallboard to see, at a glance, the current state of all our data services.
Highlight’s previous tiles had served us well for many years, but we wanted to help expand the monitoring to incorporate the latest managed service provider’s requirements. Most specifically, we wanted the tiles to be more intelligent and to detect Major Service Outages (MSO) whether at the high network level of individual service providers, through to the lower network level of individual customer solutions and locations. The new tiles represent a move away from looking at any long-standing issues that are already being worked on, to what is happening now in the last 2 hours with new intelligent notifications within the tile. It allows a user to see the proportion of recent issues against the total number.
The new service tiles enable users like Maintel to customise the thresholds across all areas of the network to show potential issues at that moment in time, without including any long-standing problems. By hovering over a service tile, additional information shows the number of issues for each metric of stability, load and health.
Highlight’s monitoring data gives us a holistic view across all our service providers, data centres, and local networks. Most of our customer now use unified communications solutions which incorporate services and applications that include video conferencing, instant messaging and VoIP calls. With Highlight’s monitoring, we can quickly pre-empt potential customer issues whether it be a physical disconnection on the network or a configuration issue with the routing, VLAN’s, etc. We can even detect application access issues that are external to Maintel and the customer’s network.
Highlight has spent 20 years working with operators in this market, and has built a service which gives Providers enterprise-wide visibility of the connectivity they are delivering. This visibility can be shared with their customers, with full control.
- Now is an excellent time to be an MSP
- SD-WAN refusing to fit neatly into a Service Provider's traditional way of doing business
- Highlight snaps up Bimal Modha to drive ambitious sales target
- Taming SD-WAN
- For service providers SD-WAN is a mixed blessing
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections