Have we got news for you!
Highlight’s new service tiles enable Maintel to see potential major service outages ‘at a glance’
Published: 18 June 2018
Guildford, UK – 19 June 2018: Highlight has revamped and modernised its unique service tiles to enable Service Provider partners to have a more accurate view of what is happening on critical networks and applications. The greater intelligence delivered through Highlight helps to avert potential network and application issues.
James Clayton, a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Analyst and part of the team responsible for managing Maintel’s monitoring solutions at its NOC office in Burnley, has been working with Highlight on the latest updates.
According to James:
The new service tiles are a great improvement and enable us to focus on averting potential outages. When tiles turn amber as a warning or red for critical, the team in our NOC can look at the Highlight wallboard to see, at a glance, the current state of all our data services.
Highlight’s previous tiles had served us well for many years, but we wanted to help expand the monitoring to incorporate the latest managed service provider’s requirements. Most specifically, we wanted the tiles to be more intelligent and to detect Major Service Outages (MSO) whether at the high network level of individual service providers, through to the lower network level of individual customer solutions and locations. The new tiles represent a move away from looking at any long-standing issues that are already being worked on, to what is happening now in the last 2 hours with new intelligent notifications within the tile. It allows a user to see the proportion of recent issues against the total number.
The new service tiles enable users like Maintel to customise the thresholds across all areas of the network to show potential issues at that moment in time, without including any long-standing problems. By hovering over a service tile, additional information shows the number of issues for each metric of stability, load and health.
Highlight’s monitoring data gives us a holistic view across all our service providers, data centres, and local networks. Most of our customer now use unified communications solutions which incorporate services and applications that include video conferencing, instant messaging and VoIP calls. With Highlight’s monitoring, we can quickly pre-empt potential customer issues whether it be a physical disconnection on the network or a configuration issue with the routing, VLAN’s, etc. We can even detect application access issues that are external to Maintel and the customer’s network.
Since the year 2000, Highlight has enabled Service Providers and Enterprise Corporates to see clearly both network and applications performance in real-time. As well as delivering visibility and analytics, Highlight enables service providers and enterprise customers to both have visibility of the same accurate, easy to use graphical information. This critical data supports the right conversations concerning issue resolution, planning and capacity management. Highlight supports and enhances ICT expansion, new technology deployment and cloud transition initiatives, where both providers and corporates are confident in the partnership.
Highlight is software as a service, delivering powerful value to the business performance of service providers and enterprise corporates around the world. Highlight is fast and easy to deploy. Highlight’s simple pricing structures and zero CAPEX makes it a business enabler which is budget sensitive. Highlight guarantees providers and corporates better business results in network and applications service management, operations and customer experience.
The Highlight service is used in 100+ countries, by 5,000+ customers including 33% of the FTSE-100. Highlight, providing the best provider and corporate customer value and experience at a competitive price.
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS