Have we got news for you!
An eventful Prudential Ride London 100…
Published: 14 August 2018
Highlight’s Martin Gay recently took part in the Prudential Ride London 100, raising money for the Naomi House Children’s Hospice. A cracking achievement, especially considering everything he had to endure to make it to the finish line!
For anyone who doesn’t know what the Prudential Ride London 100 is, its an annual celebration of cycling. A 100-mile challenge, where both amateur and professional cyclists depart from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in the early hours of the morning before passing some of London’s most famous landmarks, as it heads out to the Surrey hills, finally returning to the capital with a finish in front of Buckingham Palace.
Here are a few words from Martin about how it went…
I was off sick the previous two days before the ride and had my bike stolen 10 hours before the start – outside Tesco! This meant I had to borrow a bike, drive all the way back to Hampshire to pick it up and then back to London. I managed to get 2.5 hours of sleep before the ride and lost the hotel key card twice. During the bike ride, my wheels punctured 3 times, I had no front brake and to top it all off it rained for pretty much the entire journey with blustery winds.
Despite all this, I enjoyed myself and I’m very determined to do it again next year. Thanks to all who sponsored me.
Naomi House and Jacksplace hospices provide expert hospice care to hundreds of life-limited and life-threatened children, young people and their families from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire, West Sussex, Surrey and the Isle of Wight. Their vision is that every child, young person and their families receive the care service they need, when and where they need them and for as long as needed.
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS
- Don’t get left behind…
- What does 2019 hold for Managed Service Providers? Here’s what Highlight thinks…
- Are you still using ancient IT systems?