Have we got news for you!
Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
Published: 14 February 2019
Guildford, UK – 14 February 2019: Blackstar Solutions, a unified communications provider based in Bristol and Cardiff, has chosen the Highlight network and application monitoring service to further improve customer retention.
Owen Hawkins, head of infrastructure at Blackstar’s HQ in Bristol says,
Keeping our customers is critical to the business, and whilst we already have an excellent retention rate, we wanted to ensure customers stay for the long term. To achieve this, we needed to make it easier for our team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers, and this required proactive support. That’s why we chose Highlight – it enables us to have full visibility of how all our services are performing as well as the ability to share and use this trusted information with customers.
Blackstar serves medium to large sized enterprises with flexible and scalable unified communication solutions including voice, video, collaboration, and mobility solutions. Many of its customers have large contact centres and Blackstar delivers an end to end service which also covers networking, servers and the underlying infrastructure.
Owen explains his initial problems.
Our UC business is extremely active and growing fast. Through our partnerships with network aggregators such as Mitel, Gamma, and Huawei, we could only see how services were performing for customers by accessing each separate and proprietary reporting tool. This was suitable for larger customers with a big presence in multiple countries, but the reports were useless for supporting smaller companies.
We needed a way to monitor all our customers so that we could be more responsive and proactive to their needs, specifically those with smaller WANs and LANs. The last thing we want is to be unaware of an issue until we receive a call from a customer.
Blackstar started working with Highlight in April 2018 and as part of its commitment to customer service, the company offers basic monitoring within all its packages.
With Highlight, we now have a single view encompassing all our customers and can identify potential issues in advance, continues Owen.
A wallboard in the office shows us at-a-glance if anyone is having performance issues. And when visitors come to the office, we can show them that we are actively monitoring all their services. In the past, we had no way to achieve this.
Blackstar’s sales team will also benefit says Owen,
With Highlight, we are able to differentiate our offer over competitors. And if a customer needs more bandwidth it is a clear-cut sales opportunity since they can see for themselves how much they are using and what extra is required.
About Blackstar Solutions
Blackstar Solutions is a trusted telecoms provider who deliver best-of-breed business communication solutions. Our technical expertise is matched by our passion for delivering the highest quality solutions and support services.
At Blackstar, we pride ourselves on having long-established customer relationships. Our 5-star Trustpilot rating speaks volumes for a positive experience and our customer-first approach.
We work strategically with a wide range of technology partners whose expert knowledge helps us to meet our clients’ (often bespoke) communication requirements. This allows us to optimise our clients’ chosen technologies so they can successfully drive their business forward.
Highlight has spent 20 years working with operators in this market, and has built a service which gives Providers enterprise-wide visibility of the connectivity they are delivering. This visibility can be shared with their customers, with full control.
- SD-WAN refusing to fit neatly into a Service Provider's traditional way of doing business
- Highlight snaps up Bimal Modha to drive ambitious sales target
- Taming SD-WAN
- For service providers SD-WAN is a mixed blessing
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!