Blog to share our thoughts
Every minute an application is slow or down it hurts your business
Published: 02 October 2017
The migration of applications into the Cloud has increased the need for Application Performance Management for both Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Corporate Customers across every vertical market sector. The availability and overall user experience of business applications is a focal point for businesses. Without visibility, the close monitoring and management of business-critical applications performance cannot be achieved effectively, leaving end users too often unaware of what is causing poor performance of their applications.
So, what is the cause? Is it poorly performing infrastructure? Perhaps it is non-critical and unauthorised applications consuming the network or server resources, or simply, there is insufficient network capacity to handle the valid business application traffic. It’s reported that nearly one in four organisations have no idea which “unofficial” applications are running on their IT infrastructure (Source: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Jan 2015). How are these organisations with zero to little application performance visibility and management supposed to improve or correct this business impacting condition? The truth is that without visibility, they can’t. Enabling IT staff with the ability to see clearly and determine the best action to resolve growing performance issues before it has a critical effect on the entire business operation is vital.
MSPs and professionals from IT & commercial business teams need visibility and access to information on which applications are being used at any given time and location - insight which can pinpoint performance and availability issues. What’s more, managers require this information in an easy to understand, tangible, graphical format which is available in real-time; enabling decision makers of both technical and non-technical nature to identify the causes of an application issue and determine the corrective action.
Ultimately, this Application Performance Management requirement is driven by the business need to ensure a positive user experience. Monitoring performance is not the end goal, but rather it’s the quality of service both delivered and received by the customer. Nothing irks customers more than slow response times or when business-critical applications are down.
Want to learn more about Highlight?
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line