Blog to share our thoughts
Benefits of Managed WiFi
Published: 10 January 2018
According to the Channel Pro Network, nearly half of IT channel companies say their SMB customers are using wireless technology that is at least eight years old. Ouch!
In our previous blog post we discussed some of the common errors made with old, organic WiFi infrastructure and introduced the idea of managed WiFi services. If you’re a SMB, and still considering whether managed WiFi is worth the investment, here’s a list of some of the benefits to help you decide:
Device and upgrade management
WiFi infrastructure is extremely dynamic and upgrades are needed often, putting serious pressure on both the WLAN network and network administrators. To avoid them crashing your network, upgrades need to be done smoothly and correctly. Using a managed WiFi solution means you can rely on rapid changes or provisioning of new devices.
Does your business have the time, capacity and resources to have the best understanding of your wireless management software? The answer is, probably not. Reduce the load on your dedicated on-site IT staff by using professional help from your service provider 24/7. They’ll do prompt troubleshooting to prevent costly downtime and ensure your business remains productive.
The cost to build a wireless network from scratch and carry out routine upgrades is expensive. Initially, managed WiFi seems like a hefty investment, but you reap the rewards in the long run saving time and resources, as you focus on the things that really matter in your business.
WiFi is a broadcast medium, inherently insecure. You significantly reduce the chance of suffering a security breach, by handing compliance and security off to specialist staff. Managed WiFi services offer layered security – encryption, centralised authentication, tracking of users and devices, intrusion detection and much more. How much have you thought about those things, while your WiFi network has grown?
Better management should come with better visibility. You should be able to view, understand and control your WiFi network through easy-to-use monitoring dashboards, using this information to understand your business better and make quick decisions.
Work culture has drastically changed over the last decade and WiFi infrastructure must be kept up-to-date to match the demand for fast mobility. Managed WiFi increases customer loyalty and employee productivity; you can gather useful information and metrics to understand customer behaviour and employees can work freely without being bound to a desk.
Removing the burden of managing WiFi infrastructure in-house means you’re freed from the cost, management and stress that comes with it.
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS