Blog to share our thoughts
Deliver seamless managed WiFi services
Published: 01 February 2018
Wireless networking is a common cause of business performance issues and customer complaints, with lengthy email exchanges and phone calls.
As an MSP you must ensure that you’re continually delivering high service quality to avoid frustrated customers, however, this can be affected on the odd occasion due to:
- Distance between devices
- Signal sharing
- Network usage
- Network load …and more
How can you ensure the service you’re delivering is seamless to maximise the customer experience?
Provide customers with an easy-to-use tool, they can view their entire WiFi infrastructure and make necessary changes without relying on you, or take your word for it when problems arise. Reduce the chance of disputes and raise your status as the “trusted advisor.”
Empower business users to comprehend information so they can make quick decisions without requiring a technical user such as a network engineer or operations specialist.
Ensure users have real-time visibility of the status, health and utilisation of their wireless network. This is valuable for proactive issue detection and resolution, and generally understanding how wireless access points are being used.
If issues can be detected before they take significant effect on the network, it’s a win-win situation for both you and your customers.
Support staff must be available 24/7 and need to be equipped with the correct resources to provide quick support. One of the foundations of building and maintain a strong relationship is providing exceptional technical support.
Make your staff as accessible as possible by offering a variety of contact methods. Videos and knowledge bases are great additions too leaving plenty of help and options for customers to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Offer WiFi services with other managed services so that an entire customer network can be managed from a single tool, driving out costs and increasing operational efficiency.
Bundling services have a higher-level benefit, you’re providing a complete service to the user, and you’re more likely to be able to spot and fix issues which cross technologies and different network components.
Fast device provision
Syncing configuration data across access points is important - WiFi infrastructure is dynamic and devices are added to networks regularly. With the correct device provisioning and management system, configuration changes are automatically detected and translated to linked devices.
This means your customers can have their WiFi up and running quickly and save money on OPEX and CAPEX investments.
Stand out from the competition and avoid unhappy customers by showing them that you have their best interests and the bigger picture in mind when it comes to maintaining high service quality on their WiFi infrastructure.
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight
- The advantages of bundled Managed Services
- Highlight is back on the road for The Sound of Gamma Roadshow
- Types of MSP models in play
- Transparency leads the way
- The problem with the SLA and NPS
- Don’t get left behind…
- What does 2019 hold for Managed Service Providers? Here’s what Highlight thinks…
- Are you still using ancient IT systems?