Blog to share our thoughts
Speak the language that your customer understands
Don’t be that service provider. Going above and beyond when prospecting and nurturing your leads, and then forgetting about them until renewal time. Offering exceptional assistance and support when deploying software onto your customers servers, and then leaving them to deal with poor performance or buggy behaviour. Promoting and closing a deal using the latest network technology, and then leaving it half-configured with the customer wondering why they feel let down.
If you step the engagement up a notch, in hope that a customer will renew, after minimal interaction with them all year round, there’s no surprise why your business may be suffering. The core of a managed services business is built around fostering a continuous, long-term relationship with your customers. And ‘continuous’ is the hardest thing to get right, but the most influential in retaining customers.
It’s relative – the longer your customers stay with you, the more profitable you’ll be. Ensuring the customer experience that you provide stays top-notch for the entire journey is paramount. The customer journey can be characterised as complex, multi-dimensional and unique. Due to the nature of the service you provide, there really is never an end to your interaction- a big difference from conventional, transactional services. The real relationship begins once the hurdle of getting a contract signature has been crossed, as you continually work with your customer to monitor and optimise those services.
No two customers are the same, and there are often multiple customers within one enterprise relationship. Each journey should be mapped to individual customers with continued nurturing across all touchpoints. Typically, you’ll interact with business decision makers, operations and service delivery teams and end users.
Touchpoints refer to any encounter where a customer or prospect interacts with your company or service. It’s important to ensure that any engagement across all touchpoints is consistent, empathetic and spoken in a language that your customer recognises and understands – something most suppliers miss. Let your customers know that you have their best interests in mind and provide them with the expertise and capability to succeed, rather than just the knowledge of how to use your service.
It isn’t an easy task to always go the extra mile for your customers, especially when you’re juggling multiple accounts and numerous contacts within each of those organisations to be communicating with. What’s key here is to make sure everyone in your organisation is in harmony with each other and that they have full visibility of the customer journey, in order to deliver excellent customer service.
Want to learn more about Highlight?
- How Service Providers Can Re-Imagine Sales Enablement in 2021
- Can Connectivity Grow Margin in 2021?
- The power of SD-WAN
- Signalhorn selects Highlight for global customer portal
- Now is an excellent time to be an MSP
- SD-WAN refusing to fit neatly into a Service Provider's traditional way of doing business
- Highlight snaps up Bimal Modha to drive ambitious sales target
- Taming SD-WAN
- For service providers SD-WAN is a mixed blessing
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack