Blog to share our thoughts
The advantages of bundled Managed Services
Published: 05 February 2019
Standardised, bundled services allow service providers to demonstrate value in an effective, cost-efficient and straightforward way. Offering predetermined tiers (typically Bronze, Silver, Gold) that respond to different business objectives, deliverables and budgets simplifies the workload for the service provider and leads to greater productivity and profitability.
Providing an enhanced customer experience and having the ability to scale with ease (without increasing staff expenditure) comes down to having the correct means to monitor and report on as many aspects of a customers’ infrastructure. By accomplishing this from a single solution, there is a seamless productivity gain resulting in quick and proficient troubleshooting without discrepancies, time wasting, and finger-pointing. No longer do teams have to waste time in researching the best course of action across several different solutions but rather they can become experts in what they do provide; specialising in advising customers on service improvements and future proofing evolution.
In doing so, service providers become stickier, strategic partners who earn trust and convert short term customers into loyal ones who are likely to stick around and spread the good word about their services and experiences. In a highly commoditised industry where standing out from the crowd is tough, word of mouth recommendations are in the service provider’s best interest as they are rare and extremely precious.
Standardised services also simplifies both the sales and billing process for service providers. Usage-based billing slows down the sales cycle and ultimately business growth. With comprehensive bundling, sales representatives can enter sales engagements confidently with a clear perception of services and prices; individual quotes do not have to be built from the ground up. This pricing model has a direct impact on billing as customised bills are no longer necessary, reducing the chance of invoice errors overall, making administration simple and streamlined.
The benefits don’t just lie with the service provider, however. Customers find it easier to allocate budgets for bundled services since they are a recurring, operating monthly expense as oppose to break/ fix billing. Moreover, money is saved since service providers offer packages at a reduced rate in comparison to purchasing the same services individually. While it may initially seem like an extensive cost, the advantage is realised early on, particularly when the service provider can put the customer’s mind at ease by delivering a consistently reliable service and offer continual, proactive expert advice.
This is part two of a two-part blog series. Read part one here.
Want to learn more about Highlight?
- Without the network, nothing works
- Training and Innovation Days
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line