Have we got news for you!
Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
Published: 21 May 2019
Guildford, UK – 21 May 2019: Highlight introduces Broadband Clarity, an advanced service assurance feature that delivers visibility and alerting on the speed and stability of broadband connections.
The launch comes hot on the heels of Ofcom’s commitment to improve broadband services. From March 2019, a new voluntary code of conduct compels service providers to give minimum speed guarantees and inform customers of predicted broadband speeds before they buy.
Highlight’s new Broadband Clarity brings discipline to unruly broadband connections so service providers and their customers can identify slow lines, resolve issues quickly and offer meaningful speed guarantees. Highlight delivers a clear representation of how each line is performing with a graph showing how speed has changed over time.
Martin Saunders, Product Director at Highlight says,
Our partners describe managing broadband connections as trying to tame a wild animal. Few broadband connections are ever monitored, even by larger businesses, since traditional tools are not designed for the differing characteristics and speeds of broadband lines. These old-style monitoring tools may spot complete outages but will miss lines that are occasionally unstable or drop below contractual speeds. The result is either far too many false positive alerts, making it a chaotic and expensive support issue, or too few alerts, missing critical speed related issues.
Broadband Clarity gives full visibility into broadband connections so providers can manage the lines effectively. They can now differentiate themselves in a crowded market by giving customers the guarantees necessary to comply with Ofcom’s latest code of conduct.
For service providers with thousands of broadband connections, Highlight’s advanced thresholding engine learns the stable speed for each individual line and automatically applies an appropriate low speed threshold. Alerts sensitivity is configurable to ensure the smallest number of false positives. This unique ability to dynamically auto-detect line speeds and adjust the sensitivity of alerts makes Highlight the only service assurance tool on the market able to meet the challenge of managing thousands of broadband connections effectively.
Highlight’s intuitive, easy to understand reports, are designed to be accessible to technical teams as well as for use by service and customer account managers. With full multi-tenancy support, service providers can give customers direct logins to Highlight so they can view their entire IT estates, with detailed information on broadband services. And for customers that turn their broadband connections off at night, rather than creating more alerts, Highlight’s alerting engine and alert filters can be adjusted to report only during business hours.
Since the year 2000, Highlight has been helping Service Providers to bridge the gap between delivering technical products and providing a valued Managed Service for their customers.
Highlight gives Service Providers the differentiator to grow their revenues, and increase margins, by proving the delivery of a pro-active Managed Service. By visualising essential service information clearly and simply, Highlight dramatically increases the productivity of Service Provider teams: Sales, Service and Account Management and Operations.
Highlight is a cloud-based, single pane of glass platform that shares real-time information on performance between Service Providers and their customers, building a relationship based on trust and transparency.
Highlight has helped their partners win over 10,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
- Onecom opens customer's eyes to network performance with Highlight
- Highlight steps into cyber security sector with Reliance acsn
- Software Engineering: A Learning Curve that Never Straightens
- Shining a Literal Light on Software Builds
- APIs: Ready for Prime Time?
- V12 Telecom enhances customer service with Highlight
- Australian MSP Now IT Solutions selects Highlight to enhance its customer experience and service offering for its national network
- Don't fall into SLA hell
- Highlight: moving up the stack
- Work experience week with Anish and Jackie
- Moving from reactive to proactive service management
- Having difficulty taming broadband connections?
- Highlight tames unruly Broadband connections
- Anthony runs the London Marathon 2019!
- Is Shadow IT really the problem?
- Cloud & Fibre differentiates its services with Highlight
- Highlight launches suite of Managed Services in combination with its SaaS cloud network and application monitoring and reporting platform
- Service managers first in the firing line
- Avoiding the perfect storm
- Blackstar Solutions enhances customer retention with Highlight